Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Big Beds!

Well, call me crazy...but last week I decided to dig out the twin bed for Ethan and transfer Jacob to the car bed. For months Jacob crawls up into Ethan's car bed at night and says, "big bed. big bed!" Then screams when we put him in his crib. He wants to grow up and be like brother so bad. So...I figured I'd give it a try. Ethan is doing great in his twin bed...although he has had a couple middle of the night issues with rolling out of bed. I think I need to invest in another guard rail for him. Poor kid! For the most part, the transition has been good with Jacob...but not without a few troubles. He does great for nap time, but at bedtime he likes to get out of his bed and run around; turn up their heater, throw stuffed animals around, change the sounds machine noise or volume, jump on his brother, jump off his bed or Ethan's...nothing too out of the ordinary, right?! We have a code word that Ethan screams out and we fly up the stairs and try to catch Jacob in the act. Most of the time he's leaping back into his bed just as we open the door! He's catching on to the code word! Usually after about 40 min. of us coming in, putting him back in bed and giving him a little "reminder" to stay in bed...he does it and all is quiet until morning. At times I've wanted to get the crib back out...but I'm sure he'll catch on and do great soon. It's only been 5 nights....nap time today went great, so he's getting better and better!

Bear thinks Ethan's bed is pretty cool. Thankfully I had a twin Pooh Bear quilt...but poor Ethan has flowered sheets underneath! I guess his birthday will have to include some boy sheets!!
Jacob just waking up in the morning. He wasn't too thrilled at mommy flashing a camera in his little eyes!

Ethan loves being the big boy. Eventually, we'll make bunk beds. The boys will have a lot more room then, but I'm just not ready for leaping off the top bunk yet!

No comments: